Sunday, January 18, 2015

It Springs Forth - Isaiah 43:19-21

Isaiah 43:19-21 ESV 
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me,
the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness,
rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
the people whom I formed for myself
that they might declare my praise.

Jesus said He is the way. He told the woman at the well that He is the source of the living water which is able to quench our thirst for life. That water flows in the midst of our wilderness. The wild beasts drink the water from the living fountain and a people are formed from the clay of the earth. 

His chosen people are the Jews. They trace their ancestry back to Adam. He formed them for Himself. They will declare His praise and give witness to the nations. Through them He will water the earth. 

No comments: