Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Will Consume Them - Jeremiah 14:11-12

Jeremiah 14:11-12 ESV 
" The Lord said to me: “Do not pray for the welfare of this people. Though they fast, I will not hear their cry, and though they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.”"

Jeremiah 15:1-2
"The Lord Will Not Relent
​ Then the Lord said to me, “Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my heart would not turn toward this people. Send them out of my sight, and let them go! And when they ask you, ‘Where shall we go?’ you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord: 
“‘Those who are for pestilence, to pestilence,
and those who are for the sword, to the sword;
those who are for famine, to famine,
and those who are for captivity, to captivity.’"

This consumption of this people may remind us of the four horseman in Revelation. The fourth horseman appears to be the AntiChrist, followed by the three calamities listed above. 

This may be an indication or clue that Revelation 4 onwards applies to Israel and earth dwellers, and not the church. The church does not experience the wrath of God. 

No comments: