Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dragon In The Seas - Ezekiel 32:2-4

Ezekiel 32:2-4 ESV 
“Son of man, raise a lamentation over Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him:
“You consider yourself a lion of the nations,
but you are like a dragon in the seas;
 you burst forth in your rivers,
trouble the waters with your feet,
and foul their rivers.
 Thus says the Lord God:
 I will throw my net over you
with a host of many peoples,
and they will haul you up in my dragnet.
 And I will cast you on the ground;
on the open field I will fling you,
and will cause all the birds of the heavens to settle on you,
and I will gorge the beasts of the whole earth with you.

We see an anticipation of the beast in Revelation and its ultimate defeat. The members of the army that gathers against The Lord with the beast are listed. 

The rivers will become clean again once the land is no longer fouled by the enemies of God.  The feast of The Lord is attended by the birds and beasts of the earth. 

The nations will then be able to live in peace and worship The Lord. 

No comments: