Sunday, December 16, 2007

Power in Weakness

2 Cor 12:7-10

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
NIV

Everyone has struggles, even Paul. Though we don’t know what this thorn was in Paul’s life, we can all relate to being weak in the flesh. When we come to terms with that fact, we are then able to reach out to God’s strength and power. When we are weak in ourselves, we can become strong in the Lord. As we let go of ourselves and rely on Him, we will experience His grace and power. His grace is more than sufficient. He is more than able.

No comments: