Monday, July 31, 2017

Wonderfully Made - Psalms 139:14-16

Psalms 139:14-16 ESV


I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret,

intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,

when as yet there was none of them.


This passage speaks of a child that was formed in his mother's womb and is born into the light of day. 


It speaks equally, if not more so, of a child of the earth who was not born spiritually and whose substance is yet unformed. The creation begins with our earth without form and empty. 


He brings His light into our darkness and begins to form us into the image of God. We become fearfully and wonderfully made. Our days were written when He spoke our creation into being, with Him choosing to take our image and with some of us choosing to take His image. 


The final pages of the book of life lie before us. A page turns with the fullness of time. 


And it is very good. 

No comments: