Thursday, July 27, 2017

Whoever Drinks My Blood - John 6:52-54

John 6:52-54 ESV 


The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.


Jesus is the bread from heaven and the bread of presence in the tabernacle. Unless we participate in the body of Christ where we become one with Him in His death, we will not be raised by Him on the last day. 


Our union with Him is on such an extremely intimate nature that He compares it to eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Our life is found in His blood. Our life is sustained by our daily bread. 

No comments: