Sunday, July 2, 2017

My Own - Philippians 3:13-14

Philippians 3:13-14 ESV 


Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.


The work of salvation is complete. It is there waiting on us, but we have to make it our own. The good news is that Jesus will help us. He will work with us. 


We do this by following His commandments. 


John 15:9-10

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.


John 15:12-14

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.

No comments: