Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Written In Heaven - Luke 10:17-20

Luke 10:17-20 ESV
The Return of the Seventy- Two
The seventy- two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!” And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.

Jesus confirms the fall of Satan upon the return of the seventy-two. They were able to witness and overcome the enemy in His name. Satan is cast out of heaven and no longer has audience with God, no longer able to accuse those saved. It is in His name that God is fully revealed. It is in these days that His reign has begun. He has freed the captives and transferred them into the kingdom. These latter days seem to refer to the millennium, for those that follow Christ are no longer hurt by snakes and enjoy peace beyond understanding.

Satan falls like lightening. This divine action is quick and definitive, and reminds us of Christ's return for us. In the twinkle of an eye He will appear like lightning across the sky. He is coming quickly.

The earth is filled with the knowledge of Christ. Some reject the seed of the word and it prospers depending on the soil where it lands. All will be judged by a merciful and just God. The pages of the book of life are open for everyone's name. It's up to us to sign in.


Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.


Psalms 91:13-16
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”


Isaiah 11:8-9
The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra,
and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den.
They shall not hurt or destroy
in all my holy mountain;
for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.



Ezekiel 2:6-7
And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions. Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house. And you shall speak my words to them, whether they hear or refuse to hear, for they are a rebellious house.


No comments: