Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Angel of The Lord -Revelation 10:1-10

Revelation 10:1-10 ESV
The Angel and the Little Scroll
Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.” And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.
Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.

A mighty angel descends from heaven. The description of the angel points us back to the angel of The Lord, which is Christ. God said He would make earth the footstool of the Son. This angel's feet rest on the earth and sea. Dominion is given to the one who possesses the scroll. There was only one worthy of taking the scroll from the hand of the Father.

The Lion of Judah is before us. His voice of seven thunders confirms that this is God Who speaks. It is God the Son. He fulfills the word spoken by God through the prophets.

The time has come for the Son to defeat all His enemies and deliver the world to the Father.

The word of God is as sweet as honey, but it contains the bitterness of man's rejection of a just and Holy God. The reality of this rebellion and consequence is foretold.

The word remains sealed to Israel to this day, and to those that are not sealed in the Spirit.


Ezekiel 1:28
Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.
Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Isaiah 8:16-17
Bind up the testimony; seal the teaching among my disciples. I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him.

Romans 11:25-27
The Mystery of Israel's Salvation
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
“and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Psalms 119:103-104
How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through your precepts I get understanding;
therefore I hate every false way.

No comments: