Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We Have Fellowship -1John 1:5-10

1 John 1:5-10
5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Fellowship with Jesus enables fellowship with each other. It is in His light we can see Him, ourselves, and each other. Stepping from the shadows, we enter into the fellowship of the one Spirit. Though we are sinners, we are cleansed by His word, the word spoken and present in those who call on His name.

We are sinners by nature, but He transforms us into the supernatural by His power. He calls us to a kingdom life beyond nature that brings us into the dwelling place of God. This is accomplished, not by our immediate physical removal and transfer into heaven, but by His mysterious choice to enter our world through His indwelling. First in the incarnation in the man that was Jesus Christ, the Son of Man. Then incarnated in the church, which is the body of Christ. We give witness and continuation of His presence. When He comes again, He will arise and descend as the body of believers join together with new bodies of their own, fulfilling and completing the intent of God the Father, joining Him in the glory of eternity in His house of fellowship.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

John 8:12
12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Job 33:27-28
He sings before men and says:
‘I sinned and perverted what was right,
and it was not repaid to me.
28 He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit,
and my life shall look upon the light. ’

Psalms 32:5
I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.
Selah

3 John 1:3-4
For I rejoiced greatly when the brothers came and testified to your truth, as indeed you are walking in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

No comments: