Friday, March 23, 2012

Walks Among - Revelation 2:1


Rev 2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands.
Ephesus means desirable- Hitchcock's Bible Names
Jesus opens this letter identifying Himself as the head and authority of the Church.  He is indeed the first of the kingdom, and is ruler and judge.  The churches are part of The Church, and is lifted up in His hand.  Just as He was among us in the flesh long ago, He is present with these churches and with us today through His Spirit.  Jesus is on the throne with God in heaven awaiting His second coming.
We can take comfort in knowing He is near, even within us.
Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Psalm 145:18 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Matthew 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

No comments: