Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Loud Voice - Revelation 1:10


Rev 1:10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,
Even in the most desolate and unlikely of places one can be in the Spirit.  In fact, is there a more desolate and unlikely place than the human heart for the Spirit to visit, much less reside?  But for some reason He has chosen to fellowship with us.  Any day given to the Lord might be deemed the Lord’s Day.  It is His light which shows the way. This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us be glad and rejoice.
Not a trumpet, but like the sound of a trumpet. The trumpet signifies the majesty of the Lord and the onset of the word that comes.  Not only is the voice regal and mighty, but it leaves little doubt as to the one speaking.  This is not a small voice within, but a voice from heaven.
Exodus 20:18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance
John 3:29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.
John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

No comments: