Monday, March 5, 2012

Until All Is Accomplished


Matthew 5:18 NIV  For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.


Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it

In the first verse Jesus says that the Law will remain until heaven and earth pass away.  Though a new covenant has been established with His sacrifice, it would seem that not all has been accomplished, for heaven and earth have not passed away.  If this is true, then something remains yet undone.  The fullness of time has not been filled.

We often pray "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done"

The kingdom has come and is coming.  God's purpose will continue to unfold before our very eyes. Jesus was resurrected bringing us with Him to be with the Father.  When He comes again He will bring the kingdom to fruition and return to the Father a new heaven and earth, His will accomplished.

No comments: