Sunday, October 22, 2017

But Rather Division - Luke 12:49-51

Luke 12:49-51 ESV 


“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.


The light of the world becomes a fire on the earth which begins the division between light and darkness. His baptism of the cross ignited the fire that will refine a people for God out of the raw material of the sea of man. 


This was shown to us from the beginning. God declared what He was doing before He did it. It is taking place now. It will continue until He is finished. The children of light are coming out of the darkness. The darkness remains because of those who find comfort there. 

No comments: