Sunday, October 22, 2017

Be The One - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ESV 


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.


When we accept Jesus as Lord, we are set on the narrow path that leads to heaven. Paul tells us that we must take the path that we may obtain our goal. Standing around at the beginning will not get us to the end. 


No one will want to hear Jesus say He never knew us and to leave. We have been qualified for the race. Let’s stay that way. Be the one that crosses the line. 

No comments: