Monday, June 26, 2017

To Prepare A Place - John 14:1-3

John 14:1-3 ESV


“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.


John 14:23

Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.


Where is the house of the Father that Jesus goes to prepare?  Look at verse 23. He will make His home in us. Where is the room that awaits us? It is the room in our hearts that we provide for Him and the Father to come. 


How does this happen? When we receive the Holy Spirit. The Spirit works with us to prepare us to be made in His image. He prepares a place for us by preparing a place for Himself. 


We are the house of God, a living temple that is not built by the hands of man, but by the will of God. 

No comments: