Sunday, June 25, 2017

For Good Works - Ephesians 2:8-10

Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV 


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.


Our salvation is not based on works, but by the grace of God. However, we are created for good works which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 


We are attached to the vine so that we would bear the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus connects us to His life by the gift of His Spirit. 


Every branch that bears fruit is pruned by the Father to bear more fruit. This refers to man being made in the image of God. 


If a branch bears no fruit, there is no need for pruning and the branch is removed.


John 15:9-10

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.


The good works prepared beforehand are His commandments that allow us to abide in His love. He has shown us the way by keeping His Father's commandments. 

No comments: