Saturday, June 22, 2013

He Will Do It - Isaiah 46:8-11

Isaiah 46:8-11 ESV 
“Remember this and stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
 remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
 declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
 calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
 I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it.

The one God and Creator has spoken creation into being.  Within those words, His purpose is contained to their completion. We have been blessed to share in that word. The word took on flesh that we may join with Him by taking on His Spirit. The end that lies before us is the creation and fulfillment of man to the glory of God, the union of heaven and earth.  This is the destiny for all of us who believe. This is the end seen from the beginning. 

A bird of prey from the east is used by The Lord to punish Israel for their transgressions. This might remind us of the birds of the air which will come to roost on the tree of life. The birds that surround and threaten Israel will serve their purpose.  A remnant of those nations will find God and He will have mercy on them. 

He will do it. 

No comments: