Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Declare New Things - Isaiah 42:6-9

Isaiah 42:6-9 NASB 
“I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,
 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
 “ I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.
 “Behold, the former things have come to pass,
Now I declare new things;
Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.”

The light shines forth in the darkness. The command, "Let there be light" continues to unfold and be carried out. That light shines on every man and causes him to flee, or be drawn to the light. 

The Lord's name is The Lord. It is all His names, for it is the fullness of Who He is, like a rainbow of many colors which make up the one. We become part of that rainbow which appears after a rain and reminds us of the splendor and glory of our Father in heaven. 

In the earth of former things the seed of the new things take root and grow. God's word declares the end from the beginning.  It will flower on that new day and the glory of God will finally take shape. 

No comments: