Thursday, June 20, 2013

Besides Me There Is No God - Isaiah 44:6-8

Isaiah 44:6-8 ESV 
 Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
 “I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
 Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
 Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
 And you are my witnesses!
 Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.”

He is our Rock and Redeemer, the first and last, declaring the end from the beginning. 
The King of Kings, our God. 

"Besides me there is no God"

Proclaiming anything else is empty and void.  God's light has not penetrated that darkness upon the deep. 

No comments: