Wednesday, June 12, 2013

God's People - 1Peter 2:9-10

1 Peter 2:9-10 ESV 
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

We are a chosen and peculiar people called out of the world, from the darkness that reigns over the earth. We step out of the wilderness when we begin to walk in the kingdom of heaven. We are reborn when we perceive the light of life. 

It is that light we proclaim which warms us with His mercy and love. It is that light we share with others, not our own, but the light of Him Who is light.


Psalms 22:30-31
Posterity shall serve him;
it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,
that he has done it.

Psalms 106:5
that I may look upon the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation,
that I may glory with your inheritance.

Deuteronomy 26:18-19
And the Lord has declared today that you are a people for his treasured possession, as he has promised you, and that you are to keep all his commandments, and that he will set you in praise and in fame and in honor high above all nations that he has made, and that you shall be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.”

Hosea 2:23
and I will sow her for myself in the land.
And I will have mercy on No Mercy,
and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’;
and he shall say, ‘You are my God. ’”

No comments: