Saturday, August 25, 2012

If I Had Not

John 15:22-25 ESV
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause. ’

The word has been spoken, through the prophets in the Old Testament and through the incarnation of the Son in Jesus. The letter and then the Spirit have been given. Jesus embodied them both. God has provided the knowledge and grace that offers salvation, one then the other. Whoever sees the Son, sees the Father. Whoever does not, has neither.

No comments: