Thursday, August 9, 2012

Door Standing Open -Revelation 4:1

Revelation 4:1 ESV
1 After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”

Things as they are give way to those things to come.

Matthew 3:13-17
The Baptism of Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 15 But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

John 19:30
Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “ It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Jesus opened the door to heaven and provided the way to God for each of us. He knocks at our door of our hearts that we might make a way for the Lord. This is the way things are. He gave up His spirit that we might receive the Spirit. The Holy Spirit opens the word of truth and shows us the things of God, as it is and is to come.

No comments: