Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Am The Gate


John 10:7-10 NIV
7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

A full and abundant life begins when we accept Christ and includes the riches that are ours to come as and when we receive our inheritance as children of God.  We will be like Him and will take place when He comes back.  It is both a present and future state.

Again we are faced with Scripture that repeats the unpopular idea of the enlightened among men of the teaching that Jesus is the only way to be saved.  In another place, He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light".

I'm gonna have to go with Jesus on this one.  It is His word I hear and trust.

No comments: