Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Till I Entered The Sanctuary

Psalms 17:9-17 NIV
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
       and their tongues take possession of the earth.
 10 Therefore their people turn to them
       and drink up waters in abundance. 
[c]
 11 They say, "How can God know?
       Does the Most High have knowledge?"
 12 This is what the wicked are like—
       always carefree, they increase in wealth.
 13 Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
       in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.
 14 All day long I have been plagued;
       I have been punished every morning.
 15 If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
       I would have betrayed your children.
 16 When I tried to understand all this,
       it was oppressive to me
 17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
       then I understood their final destiny.

The sanctuary of God is in the heart.  There the Word, Spirit, and the Father make their home, a place turned from a threshing floor into the Holy of Holies.  Where He is there is peace.

No comments: