Saturday, February 12, 2022

Except For His Feet



John 13:7-10 (ESV)

7 Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.” 8 Peter said to him, “You shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no share with me.” 9 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” 10 Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.”


One who has bathed in the blood of Christ have had their sins forgiven and forgotten. The past is past, but the present is now. The need for ongoing repentance and forgiveness is highlighted in the need to repeatedly wash our feet. Christ will wash our feet only if we submit to His Lordship in our lives. Being clean and staying clean should not be confused or neglected. This is working out your own salvation, of abiding in Him, of sharing in His life. 


No comments: