Friday, February 11, 2022

Bear Branches And Produce Fruit



Ezekiel 17:22-24 (ESV)

22 Thus says the Lord GOD: “I myself will take a sprig from the lofty top of the cedar and will set it out. I will break off from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and I myself will plant it on a high and lofty mountain. 23 On the mountain height of Israel will I plant it, that it may bear branches and produce fruit and become a noble cedar. And under it will dwell every kind of bird; in the shade of its branches birds of every sort will nest. 24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I am the LORD; I bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it.”


Jesus is the tender branch taken from the tree of His chosen people. It will take root on the high and lofty mountain of God that rises from the earth. It will grow and multiply with many branches bearing the fruit of His Spirit and life. 


The people of the earth will find refuge under the branches and make a home with the new tree of life. They will all know that this comes from the Lord. The word of the Lord has been spoken and He will do it. 

No comments: