Sunday, September 16, 2018

An Inheritance


Psalms 105:7-11 ESV 

He is the Lord our God;

his judgments are in all the earth.

He remembers his covenant forever,

the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,

the covenant that he made with Abraham,

his sworn promise to Isaac,

which he confirmed to Jacob as a statute,

to Israel as an everlasting covenant,

saying, “To you I will give the land of Canaan

as your portion for an inheritance.”


The portion of Israel’s inheritance from the Lord is the land of Canaan. Abraham walked in that land before it was given. 


The portion of the inheritance of the body of Christ is the Lord. We walk in the kingdom of heaven before it is given and drink from His cup of sacrifice before we reach the full possession of our inheritance. 


Psalms 16:5-6

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;

you hold my lot.

The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;

indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

No comments: