Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Washed And Clothed


Ezekiel 16:8-14 ESV 

“When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord God, and you became mine. Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck. And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothing was of fine linen and silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour and honey and oil. You grew exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. And your renown went forth among the nations because of your beauty, for it was perfect through the splendor that I had bestowed on you, declares the Lord God.


God is doing the same thing with the Bride of Christ. He has entered a new covenant for all people, not just for the tribes of Israel. Jesus has washed us from the blood of our sin and clothed us with the blessings of heaven. He has lavished His love on those who were unlovely. We return His love with joyful obedience when we consider the great things He has done. 

No comments: