Saturday, July 16, 2016

Why Was There No Man? - Isaiah 50:1-2

Isaiah 50:1-2 ESV 

Thus says the Lord:
“Where is your mother's certificate of divorce,
with which I sent her away?
Or which of my creditors is it
to whom I have sold you?
Behold, for youj

Why, when I came, was there no man;
why, when I called, was there no one to answer?

Is my hand shortened, that it cannot redeem?
Or have I no power to deliver?
Behold, by my rebuke I dry up the sea,
I make the rivers a desert;
their fish stink for lack of water
and die of thirst.

The Lord looked to this people to bear the fruit of His light. He tended that vineyard, lavished His attention only to find a fig tree barren of fruit. No man was found to answer when He called. 

Revelation 5:1-5

Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

John essentially hears the same question asked in throne room of heaven. "Who is worthy?" John weeps because his people were chosen to produce such a man, but did not. Yet God used them to do what they could not do. What is impossible for man is possible for the hand of the Lord. Though God had given Adam the breath of His life, Adam was unable to obey and so were his descendants. Their flesh was weak. The Lord provided plenty of opportunity to show that weakness and to demonstrate the need for a Savior, and to prepare the way for His coming. 

God would indeed work with and through the dust of man for a man to be born in His exact image. God brought forth a man from the earth of their flesh who is worthy, the Christ Jesus. God entered creation, taking the form of the flesh of man and mixing it with the life of the divine. 

There is a man, the Son of Man. He will bring forth many sons from the earth of our flesh to be transformed into that image. We each repeat the creation of a new man as depicted in the Garden. 

That is and has always been the plan, from the beginning. 

No comments: