Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Feed My Sheep - John 21:17

John 21:17 ESV 

He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.

A different Greek word for love is used in the third question to Peter. It expresses a closer, more intimate love that is associated with affection and family. He brings the question down to a personal level. 

This is the question posed to every believer with God seeking a personal relationship with each one of us. If we answer yes, we are to feed His sheep with our love for one another. We each are called to feed the sheep around us. We find pasture and peace together. 

No comments: