Monday, March 21, 2016

As Jehovah Lives - Jeremiah 12:14-17

Jeremiah 12:14-17 ESV 

Thus says the Lord concerning all my evil neighbors who touch the heritage that I have given my people Israel to inherit: “Behold, I will pluck them up from their land, and I will pluck up the house of Judah from among them. And after I have plucked them up, I will again have compassion on them, and I will bring them again each to his heritage and each to his land. And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, ‘As the Lord lives,’ even as they taught my people to swear by Baal, then they shall be built up in the midst of my people. But if any nation will not listen, then I will utterly pluck it up and destroy it, declares the Lord.”

The Lord's heritage is Israel. Though the time of Jacob's trouble is upon them, it is the Lord's doing. He will end this time of affliction and restore Israel to their covenant state of blessing. 

There is one God and Jehovah is His name. If the surrounding nations can swear by His name and learn His ways, then their salvation will be near. 

Jehovah is His Old Testament name. His New Testament name is Jesus, the Christ. Any other name is the same as Baal, and is the way of destruction. 

So it is and Amen.  

No comments: