Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Stand On Your Feet - Ezekiel 2:1-2

Ezekiel 2:1-2 NASB 
 Then He said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!” As He spoke to me the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speaking to me.

Ezekiel is called Son of man by the one who would refer to Himself as the Son of Man. Later we will see this person sitting on the throne in the form of a man. 

Notice the progression of the events. 
 
  Ezekiel is called from a prostrate position and told to stand. 
  The Holy Spirit enters and sets Ezekiel on his feet in the presence of God. 
  It is then Ezekiel is able to hear what The Lord has to say. 

This same action takes place with each believer. It is the Holy Spirit that raises us from the chains of death into the new life of the kingdom of God. It is there we come into the presence of God and are able to hear His words. 
  

No comments: