Thursday, December 12, 2013

Til My Renewal - Job 14:14-17

Job 14:14-17
If a man dies, shall he live again?
All the days of my service I would wait,
till my renewal should come.
 You would call, and I would answer you;
you would long for the work of your hands.
 For then you would number my steps;
you would not keep watch over my sin;
 my transgression would be sealed up in a bag,
and you would cover over my iniquity.

The Hebrew word translated here as "service" implies an endeavor in the company of an army or host.  Our time life on earth is shared by all those who have appeared since man began, over the ages and over the globe. Job speaks of those who place their hope in Christ.  Christ will return with a mighty and heavenly host to join with those of us that remain. 

The renewal is the change that comes with the birth of a new creation from above. We answer the call and our sins are remembered no more. We are washed clean in the sight of God and our iniquities covered when we enter the body of Christ. We will complete our renewal when we receive our new bodies. 

He leads us to green pastures and the water of life.  

No comments: