Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Third



Ezekiel 5:11-12 (ESV)

11 Therefore, as I live, declares the Lord GOD, surely, because you have defiled my sanctuary with all your detestable things and with all your abominations, therefore I will withdraw. My eye will not spare, and I will have no pity. 12 A third part of you shall die of pestilence and be consumed with famine in your midst; a third part shall fall by the sword all around you; and a third part I will scatter to all the winds and will unsheathe the sword after them.


The four horsemen that proceed from the opened seals of Revelation represent the judgment of God on Israel. Israel is the focus of Revelation as the wrath of God is fully poured out in the great tribulation, known as the time of Jacob’s troubles. The world will tremble at that outpouring which will lead to the return of Christ. 

No comments: