Thursday, October 20, 2016

Drink It New - Matthew 26:27-29

Matthew 26:27-29 ESV 


And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”


He changed the water into wine at the wedding in Canna. He will change the water of man's repentance into the wine of the divine. At the wedding the containers were filled to the brim with water, and we are filled to overflowing with the living waters of the Holy Spirit. We are initially served the wine of this life, but at the wedding to come we will drink the best wine. 


He is the vine and we can do nothing apart from Him. We become the fruit of that vine as we enter His Father's kingdom. The wine of the new kingdom flows to all who would lift the cup to be filled with the Holy Spirit. He drinks from the fruit of the vine in His new body, the bride of Christ. 


The kingdom is here. The new wine has been poured out for many, and that to overflowing. 


Psalms 118:14

The Lord is my strength and my song;

he has become my salvation.


Psalms 118:23

This is the Lord's doing;

it is marvelous in our eyes.


We sing a new song, for the Lord has done a new thing. 


No comments: