Sunday, December 23, 2012

And Then He Adds

Hebrews 10:14-17 ESV
For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts,
and write them on their minds,”
17 then he adds,
“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

Those who are being sanctified are already perfected in Christ.

Sanctification takes place as the word dwells within the heart and as we dwell in the word.

Spirit and mind provide a home to us in a tent pitched in the wilderness of a fallen creation. The pattern established in the desert long ago speaks to us of the reality of God's kingdom today and the unfolding plan which will find its end in eternal perfection.

The promise and working of His grace is demonstrated in verse 17. Not only do we have the astounding gift of forgiveness, but God erases all unrighteousness for those who believe. All dross has been removed by the fire of His word, and we emerge as sons and daughters of our Holy Father. He adds life to life and grace to grace.

Romans 11:27
And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Jeremiah 31:33
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

No comments: