Thursday, September 26, 2019

Shall Possess It


Numbers 14:20-24 (ESV Strong's)

20 Then the Lord said, “I have pardoned, according to your word. 21 But truly, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord, 22 none of the men who have seen my glory and my signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice, 23 shall see the land that I swore to give to their fathers. And none of those who despised me shall see it. 24 But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land into which he went, and his descendants shall possess it.


Though they had witnessed the glory of the Lord and freed from slavery in Egypt by the Lord, the Israelites disobeyed His voice in the wilderness. They were pardoned by the Lord, but would fail the to reach the promised glory land. They died in that wilderness. Caleb was of a different spirit and followed the Lord to the end. He would come to possess his inheritance of the promised land. 


Perseverance to the end is the main theme of the letters to the churches in Revelation. Those who believe in Christ and overcome the world will inherit the blessings of heaven. This is what the Spirit says when we listen. 

No comments: