Tuesday, September 10, 2019

My Rest

Hebrews 3:7-11 (ESV Strong's)

T7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,

“Today, if you hear his voice,

8 do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,

on the day of testing in the wilderness,

9 where your fathers put me to the test

and saw my works for forty years.

10 Therefore I was provoked with that generation,

and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart;

they have not known my ways.’

11 As I swore in my wrath,

‘They shall not enter my rest.’”

Our time on earth is a time of testing. Will we find ourselves? Will we find God and follow Him? Will we find life in life? This is the journey of each person in the wilderness of the world. If we overcome the world as Jesus did, we will find His rest. 

The world is filled with good and bad, and the knowledge of good and evil. God is our reference and measure to know the difference. To forgo God is to wander astray on this earth, for He is the only way to find His rest, which is only found in our hearts and is the world to overcome. 

No comments: