Sunday, April 28, 2019

But By My Name



Exodus 6:2-4 (ESV Strong's)

2 God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the Lord I did not make myself known to them. 4 I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners.

Their covenant with the Lord involves a land on the earth. 

The New Covenant involves the Spirit of the Lord. He is our inheritance. 

The descendants of Adam would become sojourners when Adam was removed from the Garden of Eden. The ground was cursed and the Garden was turned into the wilderness it is today. This is true materially and spiritually. They will return when they acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God and their King. 

The promised land is their return to the Garden of Eden, when they are reconciled to God. 


No comments: