Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Division

Luke 12:49-51 (ESV Strong's)

49 “I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! 50 I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! 51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.


The division that begins with the separation of light and darkness in Genesis continues in the heart of mankind to this very day. It is the fire of the Holy Spirit who separates the wheat from the chaff and the sheep from the goats. This is accomplished by the sword of the truth of God which divides between the profane and divine. 


When we come to a baptism in the waters of repentance, we can then receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The water and fire bring us into a new creation. 


Jesus does not come to provide peace on earth, but rather peace with God in the hearts of men. 

No comments: