Monday, December 24, 2018

The Magnificat

Luke 1:46-49 (ESV Strong's)

Mary's Song of Praise: The Magnificat

46 And Mary said,

“My soul magnifies the Lord,

47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.

For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;

49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me,

and holy is his name.


Mary’s song of praise can and should be sung by everyone who has received the Spirit. In time, that which is conceived in each of us will be revealed as sons of God, and made in His image. 


The story of the birth of Christ is not just something that happened long ago and in a time removed from us. It is happening now and to each of us personally. This is a time to remember the birth of Jesus and to remember the ongoing rebirth that is underway in each of us. 

No comments: