Sunday, December 30, 2018

Good And Faithful Servant


Matthew 25:19-21 (ESV Strong's)

19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’


In the Old Testament, the oldest son receives a double portion from his father. 

In the New Testament, the good and faithful servants double what is given them by the Lord. They are first given the life of man, then eat from the tree of life. The faithful are set over much regardless of what they began with. We arrive at the same destination in the end. Our portion is the Lord. 


Revelation 3:21 (ESV Strong's)

The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.



 


No comments: