Thursday, November 1, 2018

Don’t Be Surprised


Revelation 3:1-3 ESV 

To the Church in Sardis

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.

“‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.


The thought in verse 3 can be expressed in this way:  if you stay awake, you will not be surprised at my coming. You will not know the moment of my coming, but you will be expecting my arrival. 


Don’t be surprised. Instead, be joyful. 


1 Thessalonians 5:4-5

But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny
bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept