Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Depths Of The Earth - Psalms 139:13-16

Psalms 139:13-16 ESV 

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

We are the earth which is being formed and shaped into the life of God. We begin in the depths of the earth until we move into the light, as the birth of a child from darkness to light, from a mother's womb to a world created by the word of God. 

But there is another light beyond the light of this world that can be seen by eyes of a different nature. It requires a rebirth, being born again as a new creature, into a child of heaven.

If we are fearfully and wonderfully made as creatures of this world, what words would apply to this new creature being fashioned as brothers and sisters of Christ?

We travel from an unformed substance to the glory of God. This is our walk with Christ and the way to the Father and our communion with the Holy Trinity of Almighty God. If we take this path, this is our destiny. 

No comments: