Friday, August 26, 2016

I Am Ascending - John 20:17

John 20:17 ESV 

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

When Jesus ascended into heaven, we would become His body on earth on which the Spirit descends and remains, still His body, but in our flesh. He had to return to the Father before this could take place. 

This is why Jesus told Mary not to cling to Him. Our union with Christ and our clinging to Him would be deeper and more intimate with the giving of the Holy Spirit. We are like the beloved disciple with his head on the bosom of Christ, yet with Christ within the bosom of every believer. We each have a beloved relationship with the Almighty. 

We begin our wilderness journey with the Spirit. He is with us as we take on the incarnation of the Holy Spirit. He is the Holy Spirit, even as He is God. 

No comments: