Thursday, June 30, 2016

This Song - Exodus 15:1-3

Exodus 15:1-3 ESV

Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord, saying,
“I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously;
the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.
The Lord is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a man of war;
the Lord is his name.

The people stand on the other side of the sea. They passed through the waters by the power of a strong wind from the east. They give glory and praise to the Lord. 

The Holy Spirit is providing a way through the sea of humanity that allows us to journey to the other side, to our inheritance of the Lord. It is the same lesson communicated by the disciples caught in a boat in a stormy sea. Jesus calms the sea and brings them to the distant shore. 

We are passing  through the water onto the dry land of the promised land. God is separating the earth from the waters, and the sheep from the goats. We will stand on the other side and sing of our salvation and His glory. 

No comments: