Sunday, June 29, 2014

Unformed - Psalms 139:13-16

Psa 139:13-16 ESV 
For you formed my inward parts;you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works;my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,when as yet there was none of them.

This passage brings to mind the creation story in Genesis. The light came forth over an unformed earth, the very depths of the deep. The light would shine and draw some from the darkness. From the depths of the deep, from our mother's womb, would come a people who would rise and walk as a new creation in the kingdom of God. 

Born of flesh and water, we are formed and reborn into the image of God, into the image of the risen Christ. 

Then the sea will be no more. 

No comments: