Tuesday, June 10, 2014

In The Ground - Matthew 25:18

Matthew 25:18 ESV 
But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master 's money.

We are given the gift of life and a great opportunity to live and find the purpose of that life. It is easy to squander this gift. We encounter many distractions and temptations along the way. Not knowing the value of our riches, we often leave them on the shelf or hide them in the debris of worldly life. 

Receiving grace means doing something with this wonderful gift. Letting it bear fruit in keeping with that undeserved grace so that it is not extended in vain is our highest highest purpose and God's intent. 

Don't bury your riches in the ground. 

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

No comments: