Thursday, August 7, 2008

Come

Revelation 22:17 (NIV)
17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Isaiah 45:22-24 (NIV)
22 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
23 By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.
24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone are righteousness and strength.'" All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame.

These verses speak to the fact that the gift of salvation is available to every person, even to the ends of the earth. The invitation has been given and the Word has been spoken.

“Come”

This gift of life requires something from us. There must be action on our part, a response of turning to God, to acknowledge Him and serve Him. The heart must be changed and seek Him. There is no other and no other way. His hand is outstretched, but we must place our hand in His. He gives us that choice.

Either way, we will come to Him. If not freely and on our own, in the end we will come to Him and be put to shame. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. Everyone will come. That choice is not ours, but we do get to choose how we will come.

“Come”

No comments: